Crispy Gobhi Manchurian
Serves: 2 -4
Mood: Monsoon or a summer evening
- 200 – 300 grams Cauliflower/Gobi
- All purpose flour
- Soya Sauce
- Tomato Sauce, Chili-garlic Sauce, Hoisin Sauce (optional)
- Chopped onions, capsicums, carrots
- Black pepper, Salt, Cumin Seeds
- Ginger-Garlic paste
- 1 cup of water
How to make it:
- Blanching the Cauliflower florets for about 3 – 5 minutes
- Drain the florets using a sieve
- Mix 4 spoons of all purpose flour and 2 spoons of cornflour, add a spoon of soya sauce, some pepper and salt. Now add some water to create a thick batter. Finally Add the Gobhi florets so they are well coated.
- Heat some oil in a wok, fry the florets till they turn a little reddish brown and crispy.
- Prepare the Manchurian sauce in a pan, heat a spoon of olive oil or as preferred.
- Add some cumin seeds until they start crackling, add the ginger garlic paste. Add some onions and saute till they turn a little golden.
- Now add capsicum and carrots and let it cook for 2 – 3 minutes.
- Add soy sauce, Chili garlic sauce(optional), vinegar
- Add a spoon of hoisin (optional)
- Add 2-4 spoons of tomato sauce
- cook for 2-3 minutes
- Add the fried Gobhi and cook the mixture.
- Garnish with some spring onions.
- Serve it hot and spicy with noodles or fried rice.
Mama Mia ! Enjoy
Looking forward to your feedback and comments.