Kadhai Paneer Masala
A healthy paneer and capsicum masala dish that works well for a lunch or dinner party.
Preparation Time: 15 mins
Cooking Time: 30 mins
Ideal for: Dinner/Lunch parties
Level of Cooking: Easy
Vegetable oil (2 tablespoon)
Paneer (200 gms), cubed
1 tablespoon Clarified Butter
1/2 cup Milk (I used toned milk)
2 Onions medium sized, finely chopped
2 Tomatoes medium sized, pureed
2 Capsicums (bell peppers) medium sized, diced into 1/2 inch pieces. (You can use red, yellow and green bell peppers)
2 Green Chillis sliced into 2
3 tablespoon Garlic & Ginger Paste
Fresh Coriander for garnishing
Spices (as per taste):
Red Chilli Powder
Garam Masala Powder
2 Whole Dried Red Chillis (or more if you want more spicy)
1 Badi Elaichi
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Put cumin seeds, badi elaichi and whole dried red chilli into the oil.
- Once cumin seeds start to crackle, add chopped onions, green chillis and ginger & garlic paste.
- Saute onions till they are golden brown and the raw smell of onions, ginger and garlic disappears.
- Add pureed tomatoes into the pan and add salt.
- Stir well and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder and amchoor powder.
- Mix well and add the butter and the milk.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Now add cubed paneer. Mix well and cook on low flame for about 10-15 minutes or till the puree is reduced to almost half.
- Garnish with fresh coriander and serve hot.
Note: The key here is to reduce the onion and tomato masala to a thick consistency.
This spicy dish goes well with hot and fresh chapati or poori and raita.