Serving: 4 people
Time: 20 minutes
What we need:
- Cubed Cottage Cheese (Paneer)
- One chopped onion
- Two chopped tomatoes
- 1 – 2 bay leafs
- 1-2 Green Chilli
- 2 Dry Red Chilli
- 6-8 crushed cashew nuts (Kaju)
- 2 -4 cloves, ginger garlic paste, cinnamon (optional), coriander powder, salt, Garam Masala
- 2 cups of milk or 2 large spoons of curd
How to make it:
- Take a wok, put in 2 spoons of butter or you can also use Ghee.
- Drop in the ginger – garlic paste, cook until raw smell goes off.
- Put in dry red chillies, cloves, bay leaf and cinnamon stick or powder.
- Add the crushed cashew nuts, Cook for a minute.
- Drop in the chopped onions, saute till they turn brownish pink.
- Now add in the tomatoes and cook for 2 minutes.
- Pour in the above ingredients into the MIXI and make a puree.
- Now, use the same wok, no need to add in more ghee or butter.
- Pour the puree, add 1- 2 spoons of coriander powder, salt to taste. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add in the milk or Dahi as required. Cook the mixture for 5 minutes.
- Add in some water depending on the thickness of the gravy you need.
- Add in Garam Masala, and drop in the chopped cottage cheese (paneer) cubes.
- Cook for 10 minutes, mix in some dried methi and cook for a 2 minutes.
Serve it in a bowl with some Coriander leaves to garnish. Good with Chapattis, white or brown rice.