Veggie pita wrap with hummus recipe
- Hummus (checkout out recipe for classic hummus here)
- Pita wraps/pockets – whole wheat pita wrap/pocket
- Coriander chutney
- Home baked/refried black beans
- Sliced carrots
- Sliced beetroot
- Sliced onions
- Sliced mushrooms
- Sliced capsicum
- Diced cucumber
- Olive oil/butter
- Black pepper- freshly ground
- Salt – we recommend rock salt
- Sweet onion dressing
- Sriracha sauce
- Stir fry sauce
You can checkout our recipe for homemade classic hummus here.
- Thinly slice carrots, beetroots, onions, mushrooms and capsicums.
- In a pan add a few drops of olive oil and/or butter.
- Add the sliced carrots, beetroots, onions, mushrooms and capsicums.
- Add salt and black pepper as per taste.
- Add stir fry sauce to the vegetables.
- Evenly cook and stir fry the vegetables till they are tender and a bit crisp.
- Take a pita wrap/pocket and cut it into half. We recommend using whole wheat pita wrap/pocket.
- Put the wrap in a sandwich maker and toast for a min or till the wrap is a bit brown from the outside.
- Open the pita wrap and spread a spoon of hummus on the inside of the wrap.
- Spread a bit of coriander chutney on the other side inside the wrap.
- Put a leaf of lettuce inside the wrap to serve as the base.
- Now fill the pocket with 1-2 spoons of home backed/refried black beans.
- Top the beans with the stir fried vegetables.
- Add diced cucumbers on the top.
- To finish off the wrap, add some sriracha sauce (if you like it hot) and some sweet onion salad dressing. You can add any dressing of your choice.
- Serve with toasted pita and hummus on the side.